Anchor piles were required to tie-down a duct bank at this water utility. Only two piles were required and mobilization cost for this small job drove the decision to use helicals which use small installation equipment… easily mobilized and demobilized.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 2
- Location: Washington, DC
- Installation Depth: 25′ to 35′
- Equipment Used: DEERE 210 G I.C.E. with 25.000 ft. lbs. Drivehead
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Only (2) anchors at 12 kips per pile were needed. However, a minimum deepth was required. The contractor needed the flexability of segmented anchors which were screwed down between 25′ and 35′. Ultimate capacity was around 45 kips before reaching a suitable bearing strata.
- Engineer/Architect: AECOM
- General Contractor: E.E. Cruz