A steel access railing and stair case were being added to a water well pump station in Lawrence, New York. A deep foundation was needed to support this new structure. Helical piles were chosen as the least intrusive, quickest installation method.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ Square Shaft Grouted Helical Micropile
- # of Helical Piles: 25
- Location: Lawrence, NY
- Installation Depth: 42′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 80 kips
- Equipment Used: Large Excavator, DIGGA 12K Drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The contractor had a custom bracket made for one of their larger excavators. This allowed them to bolt up and assemble 25′ of pile onto the drive string and excavator. They now could install the majority of the pile in one segmented length, drastically decreasing down time while speeding the installation process.
- General Contractor: Phillip Ross Industries