A G.R.L. dynamic load test was performed on a 1.75″ square shaft grouted helical micropile. This system was selected because of its speed and the fact that the test length is significantly shorter than static tests. An ideal solution when multiple tests need to be performed in one day. All three piles were installed and tested in one day.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ Square Shaft with a 8″ Grout Column
- # of Helical Piles: 3 Test Piles
- Location: Camden, NJ
- Installation Depth: 35′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 80 Kips
- Equipment Used: Cat 312, Pro-dig t20K drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Larger equipment and longer extensions, requiring less bolted connections, increased installation speed while decreasing lane closures and traffic flow issues.