The owner of a home in the Bensonhurst section of Brooklyn was constructing an addition and required a load test to verify that the piles could hold the 40 KIP load. DANBRO assisted with installation of the test pile helped and conduct the test. After a successful test, 26 helical piles were installed.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft Grouted Helical Micropile
- # of Helical Piles: 1 Test Pile – 26 Total
- Location: Bensonhurst, NY
- Installation Depth: 17′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 40 kips
- Equipment Used: Takeuchi TB145, Pengo 12K Drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: All 26 piles were installed in one day after the load test results were reviewed and approved. No piling system could come close to this speed and productivity.