The contractor recently completed hand-held training with DANBRO to deal with extremely limited access situations. The hand-held, portable installation set up, consist of a footpetal, extendable resistance bar (to take the torque) and hydraulic hoses connected to a remote power source. A row home in Hoboken needed the foundation strengthened and reinforced so they could complete an addition. Segmented helical piles and the hand-held set-up were the only way to accomplish this task.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ transitioning 2875.203 Wall Helical Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 22
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
- Installation Depth: 20 Feet
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 30 Kips
- Equipment Used: Hand Held Equipment
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The installer used a transition pile (1.5″ to square shaft to 2875 pipe) enabling them to reduce the load while making it safer, easier and quicker to install these piles with the hand-held/portable installation set-up.
- Engineer/Architect: TADCO Environmental
- General Contractor: TADCO Environmental