A new five story multi dwelling housing complex was being constructed in University City in Philadelphia, PA. A deep foundation was required to support the high capacity for this five story structure. The structural engineer of record required a load test to confirm that the helical pile could achieve the capacity.
- Helical Pile Type: RS4500.337 Wall
- # of Helical Piles: 119
- Location: Philadelphia,PA
- Installation Depth: 15′ – 22′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 140 Kips
- Equipment Used: Digga 30 ADS Drive Head, Intellitork Torque Indicator, Link Belt Excavator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: An ASTM-D1143-07 Procedure A quick test was performed. The pile tested very well and the 119 production piles were installed shortly thereafter.
- General Contractor: Oren Brothers Real Estate
- Installer: Vaspoli Builders Inc.