Wilbur Chocolates was recently purchased by a developer to turn it into a micro-loft and small shopping center. The foundation needed to be reinforced to support the added load. The structural engineer called for underpinning of the interior columns of the building as well as new construction piles.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 112 Total – 52 Underpinning. 60 New Construction.
- Location: Lititz, PA
- Installation Depth: 15′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 40 KIPS
- Equipment Used: Toro Dingo, 6K Drive Head, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Most of the piles needed to be installed inside the existing structure, creating access and mobilization challenges. In addition, the installer needed to deal with a high water table as well as other trades working simultaneously on this active job-site. Helicals mitigate or totally eliminate most site restrictions.
- General Contractor: Wohlsen
- Certified Danbro Installer: Northeast Foundation and Concrete