Replace existing bi-level basement slab and retaining walls with pile-supported structural slab on grade and wall footings.
- Helical Pile Type: 2″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 30
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Installation Depth: 15′
- Equipment Used: Mini Takeuchi excavator with a 20,000 foot pound drive head, hydraulic power pack to run the large drive head outside
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The mini excavator did not have the power to run the drive head, but was able to fit into the basement. 70′ hydraulic hoses were run out of the basement to the hydraulic power pack to run the drive head. The mini excavator was used solely as a way to raise and lower the drive head as well as direct the pile into the ground. All power came from an outside source.
- Engineer/Architect: Joseph B Callghan Inc
- General Contractor: John S McQuade Co
- Installer: Audubon Environmental & Helical Piers