Audubon Helical Piers installed a foundation for 2 new PAC Silos and a small control building. Audubon first installed the new construction piles and then finished by drilling the grout column with a small hollow stem auger machine. A total of 40 piles were installed and the project was completed in 5 days.
- Helical Pile Type: SS175
- # of Helical Piles: 40
- Location: Haworth, NJ 07641
- Installation Depth: 36 Feet
- Equipment Used: Excavator, 12K drive head and hollow stem auger to grout the piles
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Working in an active water plant, Helicals were used because driven piles could have damaged the water treatment equipment.
- Engineer/Architect: Kluk Consultants