After installation of the tiebacks, the work site was compacted and filled. The engineer of record required Proof and Performance tests to verify the load. All eleven tiebacks achieved the required capacity.
- Helical Pile Type: IDEAL 1.75″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 11
- Location: Avalon, NJ
- Installation Depth: 35′ to 40′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 60 Kips
- Equipment Used: Dudgeon Center Hole Jack, Hydraulic Pump, Starett Dial Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The challenge was working against the tide. The contractor only had enough time to test three to five tiebacks during low tide.
- Engineer/Architect: Mott MacDonald
- General Contractor: Wickberg Marine
- Installer: Vaspoli Builders Inc.