Project Summary: A new restaurant required a deep foundation due to concerns with subsurface urban fill.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ square shaft with a 6″ grout column
- # of Helical Piles: 72
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Installation Depth: 25′
- Equipment Used: Mid-Sized Excavator and 12,000 foot pound drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Helicals were used in lieu of driven piles due to close proximity of neighboring buildings. All vibratory concerns were dismissed due to helicals.
- Engineer/Architect: GDP Associates and PSI Engineering and Consulting
- General Contractor: YUM Brands