Large Diameter Helical Piles with pile caps were used to support a Grocery store in Queens, NY.
- Helical Pile Type: Round Shaft 8625″.188 (wall) w/20″ & 22″ helices
- Location: Queens, NY
- Helix Plates/Ultimate Pile Capacity: 80 Tons
- Equipment Used: 312 Excavator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The soil was a mess. Urban fill with low blow-count silty clay required a deep foundation. The construction site abuted an elevated subway track and helicals were selected as no vibration was permitted this close to an busy, in-service train line.
- Danbro Installer: M.G. Forge
- Engineer/Architect: Design: Rosenbaum Group
Structural: PBA Engineering
Geotechnical: Soil Mechanics Drilling Corp.