A new train platform was being constructed for the SEPTA rail line in Conshohocken Pennsylvania. In order to verify that the pile could hold the load, a load test had to be performed.
- Helical Pile Type: STELCOR
- # of Helical Piles: 1
- Location: Conshohocken, PA
- Installation Depth: 18′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 128 Kips
- Equipment Used: Cat 315 Excavator, Pro-Dig V 50K Drive, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Extra caution was required by all the participants; the crew, the inspecting engineers and SEPTA representatives. Construction took place next to a hot rail rail with active trains passing by throughout the day.
- General Contractor: SEPTA