A telecommunications contractor teamed up with the state of New Jersey to install several hundred Smart Cell towers in multiple locations throughout the state. The purpose of these localized towers was to improve both cellular and WIFI connection in dense urban areas, with spotty unreliable coverage. Three Helical Piles were installed in a triangular formation. A streetlight base plate was placed on top which supported the assembled tower.
- Helical Pile Type: 2875.203 Round Shaft Helical Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 3 Each – Multiple Locations
- Location: Various Locations, NJ
- Installation Depth: Variable
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 30 Kips
- Equipment Used: Cat 301 Excavator, 8K Drive, Intellitork Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Multiple locations with varying soil conditions were accommodated by using torque values to ascertain the required depth, eliminating the need for soil borings. Traffic concerns in densely populated urban environments required a quick, non-invasive, low impact installation. Helical piles met and exceeded all of the stringent requirements for this on-going, challenging project.
- General Contractor: TILSON Technologies