The Audubon installation team completed this project in just one day. Issues faced during this project were complying with SEPTA and AMTRAK safety training and overhead power lines. The gradient of the hill at this location added a bit more of a challenge too, but Chuck Tauscher stated that the project overall was a great success and gained Audubon experience working near vibration-sensitive railroad tracks.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft with 6″ cased grouted column
- # of Helical Piles: 118
- Location: Delaware County, PA
- Equipment Used: 6″ PVC Cased Grout Columns. 2,000 Ft-LBs of torque were required using a length of 19 ‘- 24′. Used a grouted helical micropile with a maximum spacing of 10’.
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Working near an active rail line that could not be shut down during construction. Helicals were the ultimate choice since small equipment and material could be mobilized and demobilized during construction in accordance with AMTRAK requirements and requests.
- Installer: Audubon Environmental & Helical Piers