A project in Washington. D.C. required a deep foundation to support a manhole as well as a section of sewer pipe. 4 timber piles were required for the job, but due to speed and time constraints, helical piles were specified due to ease of installation and quicker mobilizations.
- Helical Pile Type: 3500″.300 Pipe Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 4
- Location: Washington, DC
- Installation Depth: 35′
- Equipment Used: ICE Drive Head, Digital torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: A unique aspect of this job is that the helical piles were installed, cut and capped and had a concrete foundation poured on them in the time allotted to just drive the timber piles.
- Engineer/Architect: Gencorelli Engineering & E.E. Cruz Engineers
- General Contractor: E.E. Cruz