New equipment was being added to a water well treatment facility in Lido Beach, New York. Due to weak sandy soils, a deep foundation was required. Helical Piles were chosen as the least intrusive piling system at this busy facility.
- Helical Pile Type: 2875.276 Wall
- # of Helical Piles: 43
- Location: Lido Beach, NY
- Installation Depth: 25′ to 28′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 60 kips
- Equipment Used: Mini Excavator, DIGGA 12K GIMBAL Drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Small, low impact, equipment with no vibration and the ability to work inside buildings and out lead to the selection of helical piles. They were the only type of pile that could achieve the loads while generating little to no disturbance to the other well treatment equipment and machines during the install.
- General Contractor: Phillip Ross Industries