This project was part of a high-end residential excavation, shoring, and logistics project.
The objective was to provide a wide range of services including; analysis, design, layout, procurement, and hands-on personnel supervision in the field.
Soil conditions at the site generally consisted of approximately 12′ to 15′ of glacial till, over severely undulating ledge rock with erratic levels of decomposition throughout. The excavators had opened a 15′ test pit to determine the general site arrangement. The varying soil conditions required
treating the North, South, East, and West embankments individually, each with its own unique method of stabilization. The North Face received a Helical Soil Nail & Tie Back with a full height reinforced gunite facing.
- Helical Pile Type: SS175
- # of Helical Piles: 64
- Location:Greenwich , CT 06831
- Installation Depth: 12-15 Feet
- Equipment Used: Skid steer, 12K drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: working in an open and excavated hole, and working to meet deadlines on a project already behind schedule.
- Danbro Installer: Nelson Engineering
- Engineer/Architect: Nelson Engineering
- General Contractor: Nelson Engineering