This project was part of a high end residential excavation shoring and logistics project.
The objective was to provide a vertical range of analysis, design, layout, procurement, and hands on personnel supervision in the field.
Soil conditions at the site generally consisted of approximately 12 to 15 ft. of glacial till, over severely undulating ledge rock with erratic levels of decomposition throughout. The excavators had opened the hole up some 15 feet deep prior and the general site arrangement and soil required
treating the North, South, East, and West embankments individually, each with its own unique method of stabilization. The North Face received a Helical Soil Nail & Tie Back with a full height reinforced gunite facing.
- Helical Pile Type: SS175
- # of Helical Piles: 64
- Location:Greenwich , CT 06831
- Installation Depth: 12-15 Feet
- Equipment Used: Skid steer, 12K drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: working in an open and excavated hole, and working to meet deadlines on an already behind schedule.
- Danbro Installer: Nelson Engineering
- Engineer/Architect: Nelson Engineering
- General Contractor: Nelson Engineering