The City of Gloucester’s water treatment facility was adding an additional water purifying tank to their plant. Due to the well known weak, weight of hammer soils in the area, a deep foundation was required. Helical Piles were chosen because they handled both the compression and tension load specified on the drawing and were plant operation friendly.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 32
- Location: Gloucester City, NJ
- Installation Depth: 45′ to 55′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 90 kips
- Equipment Used: Wacker Neuson Excavator, ProDig X12K5 Drive Head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Mobilization and access drove the decision to use helicals because they are installed with small equipment and can maneuver in tight, confined spaces. The WWTP did not need to be shut down during construction allowing operations to proceed unimpeded.
- Engineer/Architect: Gencorelli Engineering
- Danbro Installer: Vaspoli Builders
- General Contractor: Gloucester City WWTP