Electrical Duct Banks were being added to a waste water treatment facility. Due to the proximity to the Delaware river with low blow count, organic soils, a deep foundation was required. Helical Piles proved to be the IDEAL solution.
- Helical Pile Type: 3500.300 Wall Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 139
- Location: Chester, PA
- Installation Depth: 45′ to 60′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 70 kips
- Equipment Used: 12K Drive, Large Excavator (for reach) Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Rapid mobilization, de-mobilization, and safety concerns dictated the use of helicals. The contractor could stop to let trucks through and resume construction when it was safe. The Contractor was also able to cut and cap the piles and prep them for concrete as he went along, further speeding installation and minimizing delays.
- General Contractor: Allan Myers