Limited access and mobilization issues drove the decision to use helical piles. A successful load test on a grouted helical micropile confirmed the viability of using it in a challenging soil environment.
- Helical Pile Type: Grouted Helical Micropiles
- # of Helical Piles: 126
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Installation Depth: 40′-60′
- Equipment Used: Kubota Excavator and 12K Drive Head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The soil profile indicated low blow count material in addition to an urban fill layer. A Grouted Helical Micropile was used to deal with buckling and lateral concerns, while also addressing access and mobilization issues.
- Installer: Audubon Environmental & Helical Piers