Helicals to support/tie down 48″ ductile trunk Lines for outfall pipes. Helicals needed to be installed to a minimum of 15’so actual capacity was 60 to 65 kips in the dense sand exceeding the required 44 kip ultimate.
- Helical Pile Type: SS 1.5″
- # of Helical Piles: 558
- Location: Margate, NJ
- Installation Depth: 15′ to 20′
- Equipment Used: Army Corp of Engineers
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Staged schedule required ease of mobilization and de-mobilization. Helicals used to prevent uplift in case of catastropic flood event. Dense sand more easily penetrated with high/torque value helical anchors.
- Engineer/Architect: Gencorelli Engineering & Army Corp of Engineers
- General Contractor: Weeks Marine