Upon the completion of the required load test, the remaining production piles were installed to support the foundation for a new home in a coastal area. Grouted Helical Micropiles were specified due to a high water table and low blow count soils. The Grouted Helical Micropile provided added corrosion protection and lateral support.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ square shaft with grout column
- # of Helical Piles: 30
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Installation Depth: 75′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 90 Kips
- Equipment Used: Cat 305, Digital Torque Indicator, cement mixer
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The reaction anchors were backed out and reused for production piles saving the homeowner some money. The contractor was able to order a cement truck with the correct Portland to water mix and pump it direct from the truck. This eliminated a man mixing cement all day. This facilitated a much quicker install (3 days) with less labor and additional savings.
- General Contractor: DG Custom Homes and Remodeling