Per NYC D.O.B Specifications for load testing piles, a load test was performed on a Grouted Helical Micropile, that was later used as a production pile.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ square shaft with grout column
- # of Helical Piles: 1 Test Pile
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Installation Depth: 75′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 90 Kips
- Equipment Used: Cat 305, Digital Torque Indicator, cement mixer
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The load test was performed on a Monday; the results were submitted and approved on Tuesday; by Thursday of that same week, all 30 piles were installed.
- General Contractor: DG Custom Homes and Remodeling