Urban fill required a deep foundation and helicals were chosen due to the proximity of neighboring structures.
- Helical Pile Type: 2 7/8″ (.203 wall) Pipe piles
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Installation Depth: 25′
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Several townhouses were purchased pre-construction and requested full basements. This required additional helicals added to support the increased load. As several of the foundations had already been formed and poured, some areas of the slabs needed to be demoded and addition helicals were installed to underpin the foundation walls.
- Engineer/Architect: Ambric Testing & Engineering Services
- Installer: Vaspoli Builders Inc.