30 Helical piles were installed and pile caps poured to support an elevator shaft. Weak soils in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn required a deep foundation to carry these loads.
- Helical Pile Type: RS4500.337
- # of Helical Piles: 30
- Location: Willliamsburg, NY
- Installation Depth: 65′ to 85′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 120 kips
- Equipment Used: Komatsu PC138, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The entire site was wide open so the contractor was able to bring in a large machine and use longer extensions. This speeded the installation as fewer, longer extensions ment less time was required to stop and bolt the connections.