A new four story high rise was being built in Brooklyn (Williamsburg). Historically Poor Soils would not allow for a slab on grade building. Driven piles were not allowed due to the close proximity of neighboring homes. Helical piles provided a no vibration, deep foundation solution.
- Helical Pile Type: Grouted Helical Micropile RS3500.300 with a 10″ grout column
- # of Helical Piles: 86
- Location: Willliamsburg, NY
- Installation Depth: 60′ to 85′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 120 kips
- Equipment Used: Cat 320, 30K Drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The engineer of record requested a grout column to stiffin the pile in the low blow count, contaminated soil. DANBRO, with the aid and assistance of the IDEAL Group, designed a 10″ digger plate that pulled a 10″ grout column down around 3.5″ pipe pile to deal with lateral and corrosion concerns.
- General Contractor: Izzo Builders