Radio Station WMCA’s Hackensack River catwalk needed to be removed and replaced and the ATU units needed to be raised above the new floodplain. Due to the water, the installation equipment had to be supported on a pin barge. During the winter, the water was frozen with varying degrees of tidal influence. Numerous old tree stumps were also encountered. The project was completed on time and on budget!
- Helical Pile Type: Square Shaft & Round Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 433
- Location: Kearny, NJ 07032
- Installation Depth: 25′ – 35′
- Equipment Used: Small excavators on a barge
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Working out in open water and keeping the piles plumb and aligned for a plumb and straight boardwalk.