Over the years, gasoline from fuel tanks that had been previously removed were still present in the soil and needed to be remediated. The contaminated soil extended into the street and under the garage and office housing the auto center. Helical piers were used to support the structure while the contaminated soil was excavated, removed, and replaced with clean fill.
- Helical Pile Type: 2 7/8″ Pipe Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 14
- Location: Ventnor, NJ
- Installation Depth: 20′ to 25′ with 10′ exposed during remediation process
- Helix Plates/Ultimate Pile Capacity: 8″ 10″ 12″ helical plates with 5′ extensions/10 tons ultimate
- Equipment Used: John Deer 35 Mini-Excavator with a 7.5 K Pro Dig drivehead
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Lots of activity on a busy site. The concrete parking lot and side street needed to be demoed and remediated. The piles needed to penetrate high blow count soils and installed deep enough to allow for 10′ of exposure extension shaft to allow for the remediation of the contaminated soil under the building.
- Danbro Installer: Titan Shoring & Construction LLC
- Engineer/Architect: Calmar Associates
- General Contractor: Calmar Associates