New overpass bridges crossing over I-95 were under construction. During the excavation for the abutments, tiebacks were required to assist with the support of excavation. Eighteen helical anchors tiebacks were installed and successfully load tested.
- Helical Pile Type: 5 1/2″ .361 (3-Bolt) RS Ideal
- # of Helical Piles: 18
- Location: New Castle, DE
- Installation Depth: 35′-40′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 60 to 204 KIPS in Tension
- Equipment Used: Kobelco Excavator, DIGGA SD 95 Drive Head, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Custom tension adapters were specially fabricated by IDEAL with a square end to accommidate the adapters behind the sheeting wall. Tieback loads ranged from 60 to 204 KIPS in tension.
- General Contractor: R.E. Pierson Construction Co
- Audubon Environmental & Helical Piers