A home was going through a structural elevation in Avalon, New Jersey. Due to the newly added footings and cinder block walls, a deep foundation was needed to support the increased load. Timber piles were on the drawings but they required the relocation of the home out of place, driving the piles and then moving the house back to its original location. With helicals, the structure can be raised up on cribbing and the piles installed underneath, eliminating the costly, dangerous moving process.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft Transitioned to Pipe
- # of Helical Piles: 12
- Location: Avalon, NJ
- Installation Depth: 12′-15′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 50 Kips
- Equipment Used: Cat Mini Excavator, 12K Drive, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Access, safety and economics drove the decision to switch the foundation to helicals. The homeowner limited their liability exposure and saved a great deal of money by avoiding moving the house to drive the timber piles.
- General Contractor: CR’s Services