A retaining wall was installed to prevent soils from eroding from the embankment. Temporary helical tie-back anchors were installed with no interference to train operations during the construction period. The tie-backs secured the wall and stabilized the slope.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75” Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 4
- Location: Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Installation Depth: 30 feet
- Equipment Used: Cat 312 with 20,0000ft # esskridge drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Limited Access at an active rail yard
- General Contractor: Rockport Construction