A retaining wall was installed to prevent soils from eroding from the embankment. Temporary helical tieback anchors were installed with no interference to train operations during the construction period. The tiebacks secured the wall and stabilized the slope.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75” Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 4
- Location: Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Installation Depth: 30′
- Equipment Used: Cat 312 with 20,0000ft # esskridge drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Limited Access at an active rail yard.
- General Contractor: Rockport Construction