Helicals were used to underpinn a warehouse as it was a non-intrusive method which allowed for warehouse operations to continue while the remediation of the foundation took place.
- Helical Pile Type: RS 3.5″
- # of Helical Piles: 91
- Location: Northeast, MD
- Installation Depth: 50′ to 65′
- Equipment Used: Takahuchi Excavator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Warehouse was constructed on unconsolodated soils.Needed a deep foundation element to reach compident bearing strata.
- Engineer/Architect: Desman & Hillis-Carnes
- General Contractor: RMR Group