Category: Earth Retention
A home was going under remediation for the removal of an oil tank. The engineer of record wanted to have some extra support for the foundation and underpinning piers and recommended that the contractor install helical tiebacks for temporary earth retention.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft Helical Pile with a cased grouted shaft.
- # of Helical Piles: 2
- Location: Medford, NJ
- Installation Depth: 15′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 55 kips
- Equipment Used: Cat 305, PENGO 12K Drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Both tiebacks were installed in one morning. This allowed the contractor to begin terminating them in the morning, digging in the afternoon, and keeping the project safe and on-schedule.
- Engineer/Architect: Kluck Consultants
- General Contractor: Curren Environmental