A factory in South Philly needed a new electric run to the building to power some new machines. Due to poor soils, the duct bank could not rest on the soil itself; a deep foundation was required. Due to proximity of existing buildings, helical piles were selected for vibrationless install.
- Helical Pile Type: 3500′.216 Pipe Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 95
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Installation Depth: 55′ – 80′
- Equipment Used: Cat 312, 20K Eskridge Drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Due to the speed of the install of Helical Piles, the masons were able to form the concrete cap around the pile and pour the concrete minutes after the pile was installed to the proper torque.
- General Contractor: Miller Brothers