The Perry World House, a new building on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania, needed a sewer extension conforming to Philadelphia Water Department standards. To minimize impact to pedestrian and vehicular traffic, work needed to be performed at night with small, low-impact equipment. Limited access and other site challenges further complicated the installation.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 10
- Location: Philadelphia,PA 19104
- Installation Depth: 25′
- Equipment Used: Cat 305, 9K drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Working on a school campus during the night and avoiding road closures
- General Contractor: MECO constructors