A developer purchased a school and was renovating it to convert it into residential housing. Helical piles are segmented piles and installed with small equipment facilitating inside work.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.203 wall
- # of Helical Piles: 213
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Installation Depth: 30′-35′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 60 Kips
- Equipment Used: Volvo Mini Excavator, 10K Drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Driven piles were originally specified for the deep foundation. However, due to the proximity to neighboring structures, driven piles were ruled out and helicals were substituded.
- General Contractor: Vaspoli Builders Inc.