After installing helical tiebacks on a property on the bay in Ocean City, NJ, there was concern of too much free play in the tieback connecting adapter. So they formed a steel cage with a cased vertical helical pile to keep the tieback adapter in place and welded it to the new construction cap.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 7
- Location: Ocean City, NJ
- Installation Depth: Seven 30′ Vertical piles. Seven tension anchors on a 15′ degree angle
- Equipment Used: Kubota Excavator w/ 6K Drive Head and a shear pinn indicator.
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: There was concern of too much free play in the termination and the exposed length between the bar adapter, rod, and vinyl sheeting. Seven vertical piles with the cage were used to address this concern.
- General Contractor: American Marine Construction