Noramco Of Delaware Inc, a pharmaceutical manufacture, was adding a new chiller to their facility. Due to weak soils a deep foundation was required to support the chiller and the concrete pad it rested on. The structural engineer called for six 80 KIP Helical Piles to support the load.
- Helical Pile Type: RS 3500.300 Wall
- # of Helical Piles: 6
- Location: Wilmington, DE
- Installation Depth: 15′ – 20′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 80 Kips
- Equipment Used: Link belt 80, 20K Drive, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: An urban fill layer with obstructions and debris were encountered in the first 5 to 8 feet. The contractor was able to quickly switch out his drive head and put on his bucket to remove the obstructions. Just as quickly, the installing contractor was able to switch the bucket out for the drive head and resume the installation.