An underground oil tank was buried in front of a building in a business park. The tank had rotted away over time and and was leaching oil into the ground. The tank had to be removed and the polluted soil remediated. Helical piles were chosen as the least intrusive method to support the building while the tank and contaminated soil were excavated and removed.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Transitioned to 2875.203 wall
- # of Helical Piles: 6
- Location: Englewood, NJ
- Installation Depth: 15′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 30 kips
- Equipment Used: JCB Excavator, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: An added benefit from using helical piles is that the building is now supported on a deep foundation wih no concerns of settlement regardless of how well the new soil was compacted.
- General Contractor: North Star Environmental