Only six helical anchors were needed to repair a failing bulkhead so low mobilization/demobilization cost drove the decision to use helicals.
- Helical Pile Type: RS4500.337
- # of Helical Piles: 6
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Installation Depth: 30′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 70 Kips
- Equipment Used: Komatsu PC 138, 20K Drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The piles were installed to 30 feet and 12,000 foot pound of torque to arrest the movement on the wall.
- General Contractor: Tank Dock Builders