Duration: 68 Days
This project included the restoration of over 1,400 acres of swamp and salt hay farms to tidal wetlands adjacent to the Maurice and Delaware Rivers in southern New Jersey. To highlight the estuary enhancement project, PSE&G incorporated walking trails along earth berms and walkways with observation platforms extending into tidal areas for public access.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ Square Shaft
- # Helical Piles: 870
- Location: Maurice River Townships, NJ
- Installation Depth: 25′
- Equipment Used: Hydraulic motor mounted on a crawler excavator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Crane Mats had to be installed in the bay so the excavator could walk out in the water to install the piles. 1 1/2″Square Shaft could accommodate the pedestrian load but the Engineers required an upgrade to 1 3/4″ Square Shaft to provide additional sacrificial steel for the corrosive environment.
- Engineer/Architect: Roy F Weston Inc and Woodward-Clyde Consultants
- General Contractor: Geo-Con Inc