Levelift Foundations was contracted to install four helical piles to support a memorial for Civil War era photographer Mathew Brady, unveiling in the Spring of 2021. Levelift worked closely with Dance Brothers, Inc. to set the foundation for a 200 year + life span for the memorial.
- Helical Pile Type: SS200 (8/10/12 Lead) with a New Construction Cap
- # of Helical Piles: 4
- Location: Washington, DC
- Installation Depth: 14′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 25 Kips
- Equipment Used: Yanmar Vi035
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The historic Congressional Cemetery, located in a busy D. C. neighborhood, is a very social place for pedestrians and their canine companions. Mathew Brady may not have been popular in his picture taking days, but he is certainly the star attraction at the cemetery now. Accommidating foot traffic with minimal disturbence to this verdant, popular, open, urban space, drove the decesion to use helicals for the memorial’s foundation.
- Engineer/Architect: Rob Field P.E.
- General Contractor: Larry West