Post Super Storm Sandy, a waterfront residence was experiencing settlement along the grade beam underneath the home. Fourteen 1.5″ square shaft helical piers were installed in a crawlspace to 15′ to achieve the 35 kip ultimate. The project was completed in 3 days despite the extremely limited access and mobilization challenges.
Equipment and helicals had to be transported through a 4.5′ by 2′ entrance-way and installed with the portable hand held drive string assembly in a crawlspace underneath a residence.
- Helical Pile Type: 2875″.203 Pipe Pile
- # of Helical Piles: 14
- Location: Lindenhurst, NY
- Installation Depth: 15′
- Equipment Used: Portable Hand-Held unit with a Power Pack
- Danbro Installer: GP Piles
- General Contractor: Homeowner