Helical piles were chosen as an alternate to timber piles to support a canopies and a handicap ramp.
- Helical Pile Type: 3500″.300 Pipe Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 38
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Installation Depth: 25′-35′
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Helicals were selected as an alternate to driven wooden piles due to vibration concerns. Access in some spots (low headroom) and urban fill also contributed to the decision.
- Engineer/Architect: Gencorelli Engineering
- General Contractor: Hayward Baker