A home at the shore was building an addition in the rear of the house. Mobilization cost for timber piles was prohibitive as helicals are installed with small low-impact machines and the pile segments could be hand carried to the back of the house.
- Helical Pile Type: 1 1/2″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 11
- Location: Sea Isle City, NJ
- Installation Depth: 15-18ft
- Equipment Used: Cat 304 w/Pro Dig 12K drivehead Digital Strain Gage torque indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Timber pile installation was not an option due to the effect vibration would exert on the existing foundation. Limited access also required small equipment typical in helical installations.
- Engineer/Architect: Butch Czar P.E.