A row home in Hoboken was falling apart. The concrete floor sunk eight inches pulling away from the first course of brick. The only reason this home didn’t tip over was because it is attached to other homes. The only way to save the home was to install a deep foundation through the floor to reinforce the foundation. All work was conducted from the crawl space, with no disturbance to the first floor or tenants. Helical piles were the only option for this type of repair.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.203
- # of Helical Piles: 14
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
- Installation Depth: 40′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 45 Kips
- Equipment Used: Portable/Handheld Equipment
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Since helical piles come in segmented lengths (Stocked in 3,5,7 and 10 feet at DANBRO) the contractor was able to use 3 foot lengths utilizing portable/hand-held equipment. With other jobs that present issues like this, material can be custom ordered to even smaller lengths.
- General Contractor: McAuliffe Contractors