Helical anchors were used as tiebacks for temporary Sheeting for the expansion of the Garden State Parkway Mullica River Bridge.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ Square shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 40
- Location: Port Republic, NJ/li>
- Installation Depth: 45′
- Helix Plates/Ultimate Pile Capacity: 80 kips Ultimate
- Equipment Used: Prodig X12K Drive motor – Marian torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Environmental concerns for sensitive wetlands required a non-intrusive tieback system and low impact installation equipment. Existing traffic adjacent to the interlocking sheeting wall also benefited from the minimalization of mobilization issues. Helicals are segmented piles requiring less space to install further reducing traffic concerns.
- Danbro Installer: Agate Construction
- Engineer/Architect: GEI Consultants Inc.; Agate Const. Design Build
- General Contractor: Agate Construction