Fort Delaware on Pea Patch Island in the Delaware River was adding a new maintenance building at this popular tourist attraction.
- Helical Pile Type: 3.5″ Pipe Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 40
- Location: Fort Delaware State Park, DE
- Installation Depth: 60′
- Helix Plates/Ultimate Pile Capacity: 100 Kips
- Equipment Used: Caterpillar 312 Excavator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: All of the material and equipment had to be transferred to the island by ferry. Manpower hours were limited as the installation team was ferried to and from the island by boat in the mooring and returning at 4:00 PM in the afternoon. The tight spring schedule and frequent inclement weather created uncomfortable working conditions and construction delays.
- Danbro Installer: RE ECO Drill LLC
- Engineer/Architect: CDA Engineering
- General Contractor: Merit Engineering and Construction