A homeowner was looking to add solar panels on his property. The owner wished to avoid the mess from concrete piers and was looking for a quicker solution. The contractor recommended helical piers to alleviate his concerns and meet his time schedule.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.203
- # of Helical Piles: 14
- Location: Plymouth, MA
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 20 Kips
- Equipment Used: Hitachi Mini Excavator, Pengo 6K Drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Helicals can be installed with small, minimally invasive equipment and create no spoils. All 14 helical piers were installed in two hours and achieved or acceded the 10 ton minimum required by the town of Plymouth, MA.
- General Contractor: Richmond Septic and Excavation